Effective: January 1, 2023
Information you provide
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up for our newsletter, attend one of our events, establish and use login credentials to access our products, submit feedback or otherwise communicate with us, or send data in connection with your use of our enterprise and developer software products. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, company name, title and any other information you choose to provide.
Information we automatically collect
When you use our products and services, we automatically collect certain device and usage information, such as:
- Log information: The log files we collect include IP address, access times and other related device and usage information. For example, when you visit our websites, we collect the type of browser you use, pages viewed, and the page you visited before navigating to our websites. Additionally, if you are using our enterprise and developer software products, we collect information about how you have configured our product, activity logs and other related usage information.
- Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies: We use various technologies to collect information through our websites and emails, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our websites and your experience, see which areas and features of our websites are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our websites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For example, we use Google Analytics to help understand website usage better. Please see Google’s privacy notice at (www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/) for more details on the Google Analytics privacy practices.
- Approximate location: when you use our websites, we may also infer your approximate location based on your IP address.
Information we collect from other sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from organizers of events we participate in or host, including your name and contact information. Additionally, if you use one of our enterprise and developer products, other users in your organization may also disclose (or allow us to collect directly) information about you, such as photos or videos that may contain an image of you. Use of these products is currently limited to a select few engagements, and the photos or videos are intended to only occur inside the enterprise’s or developer’s facilities.
Use of information
We may use your information to:
- Provide and improve our products and services, and develop new products and services;
- Personalize your experience on our websites;
- Respond to your comments, questions or requests and send other administrative or support messages;
- Communicate with you about news, surveys and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the use of our products and services;
- Help detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of us and others;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Disclosing of information
We disclose information about you in the following circumstances:
- with companies that perform services for us, such as professional advisors or companies that assist us with web hosting, website analytics, customer relationship management services, security services and email or survey service offerings. We require by contract that these companies process this data only as permitted by their agreement with us;
- for legal reasons, such as if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, or others as required or permitted by law;
- if we are involved in a merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition; or with your consent or at your direction.
We may also disclose aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Transfer of information to other countries
The information we collect about you may be held outside of the jurisdiction of your residence or where you use our products and services. For information subject to European data protection law, we provide for adequate protection of the transfer of personal data through a series of intercompany agreements based on the Standard Contractual Clauses. You may request a copy of the legal safeguards we have put in place to safeguard your transferred personal data by contacting us (see Contact Us below).
Legal bases for processing
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area, UK or Switzerland, we process your personal data in reliance on the following legal bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under any contract we have with you;
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data, such as to provide and improve our products and services, respond to comments and questions and send account or relationship messages, analyze trends, personalize your experience on our websites and help protect our products and services;
- To comply with our legal obligations; or
- Occasionally, we may also seek your consent to process your personal data for specific purposes (which you may withdraw at any time).
The data controller for the processing of this data is Intrinsic Innovation GmbH.
We delete some data upon request, such as in connection with our fulfillment of data subject rights requests. Additionally, some data is deleted automatically after certain predetermined time periods. In other cases, we retain data for extended periods of time, such as to comply with legal requirements and to help address security, fraud or abuse prevention. In all cases, we only store personal data we collect for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal obligations.
In certain jurisdictions and subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request to access or know more details about the categories and specific pieces of the personal data we hold about you, to receive your personal data in a portable format, to delete your personal data, to correct your personal data, to object to or restrict certain of our processing of your personal data, to withdraw any consent to processing you previously provided to us, and to not be discriminated against for exercising any rights afforded to you by law. If we deny your request, you may appeal our decision by using the contact methods listed in the Contact Us section below. If you have concerns about the results of an appeal, you may contact the attorney general in the state where you reside. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority about our processing activities if you feel you cannot adequately address the concern with us directly.
You may make a rights request regarding your personal data by using the contact methods listed in the Contact Us section below. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information that matches information we have on file about you. You can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf, but we will require proof that the person is authorized to act on your behalf and may also still ask you to verify your identity with us directly.
Additional Requirements for U.S. State Laws
Some U.S. state privacy laws like the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) require specific disclosures for state residents. Please note that Intrinsic only provides its products and services to enterprise customers in a commercial context, so it is not subject to the provisions of all U.S. state privacy laws.
State laws like the CCPAprovide the right to request information about how Intrinsic collects, uses and discloses your information, the right to access and correct your information, and to request that Intrinsic delete that information. Please see the “Your Rights” section above for details on how you can exercise rights with respect to your personal information. Under California law, you also have the right to opt out of any “sales” or “sharing” (or “targeted advertising” under the law that applies to you) of your personal information that may be occurring. However, we do not “sell” or “share” your information or engage in “targeted advertising,” as those terms are defined under state privacy laws .
Categories of information we collect about you
- Identifiers (such as name, persistent device identifiers, email address and other contact information)
- Internet, network, and other activity information such as your website browsing behavior, and information about your interaction with our products (such as crash reports, and configurations)
- Inferences and Geolocation information, such as inferring the approx. location of your device based on your IP address.
- Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as video information submitted in connection with use of our enterprise and developer products.
- Other information you create or provide, such as feedback in connection with your use of our enterprise and developer products.
Business and commercial purposes for which information may be used or disclosed
- Protecting against security threats, abuse, and illegal activity: Intrinsic uses to detect, prevent and respond to security incidents, and for protecting against other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- Auditing and measurement: Intrinsic uses information for analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used, as well as to fulfill obligations to our partners like enterprise customers.
- Maintaining our services: Intrinsic uses information to ensure our services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting bugs and other issues that you report to us.
- Communications: Intrinsic uses information to send you marketing communications as well as other administrative or support messages.
- Research and development: Intrinsic uses information to improve our services and to develop new products, features, and technologies.
- Legal reasons: Intrinsic also uses information to satisfy applicable laws or regulations, and discloses information in response to legal process or enforceable government requests, including to law enforcement.
Parties with whom information may be disclosed
- Companies that perform services for us, including our internet service providers, cloud hosting service providers, security providers, data analytics providers,.
- Third parties to whom you consent to disclosing your information, such as developers or partners with whom you direct us to disclose your information.
- Law enforcement or other third parties, for the legal reasons described in ”Disclosing of Information.”
If you are in the EU, you may also contact Intrinsic Innovation GmbH at EUemail@example.com or ABC-Str.19 20354, Hamburg, Germany